You can embed our script via Google Tag Manager. Before our Tag is approved customers of Simple Analytics can import our tag manually.
- Download our template: simple-analytics-tag-template.tpl
- Open Google Tag Manager
- Select your container
- Click on “Templates” in the sidebar
- Click on “New” button in the “Tag Templates” section
- Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner
- Select “Import”
- Open the download file named
- Optionally change the “Tag Configuration”
- Save the template and close the “Template Editor”
Now you added the Tag to your Tag Manager container. Next you want to trigger the tag on “Initialization”.
- Click on “Tags” in the sidebar
- Click on “New” button in the “Tags” section
- Click on “Tag Configuration” to add a tag
- An popover opens on the right, select “Simple Analytics”
- Click on “Triggering” to add a trigger
- Select “Initialization - All Pages”
- Click “Save” to save the tag
Now you added the Simple Analytics Tag with a trigger. Next you can preview or submit the changes and your page views will be collected in Simple Analytics. Make sure to have a website setup in Simple Analytics to collect the data.
If you encounter issues, don’t hesitate to contact us via our support channels.